Thursday, January 26, 2012

Women's thoughts on this. Right or wrong?

When I went shopping at the Supercenter looking for some stereo stuff, in the electronics section I saw the CRAZIEST incident! I was at 1 end of the aisle, and a boy who was maybe 13 or 14 was at the far end, where some DVD's were. In between us was this lady. The lady looked I dunno, maybe 40, had on this multicolored dress and a short sleeve top, she was about 5'4 and maybe 150 I guess. The boy was a couple inches shorter than her and skinnier, with a big t-shirt and baggy shorts. I never did see a customer service person there right then, I dunno where they were. I didn't notice what the boy was doing then, but SHE did! He was lifting some DVD's! She goes up to him and says, "I see what you're doing. Put those back." He says, "Mind your own business, bit**!" And that's when I looked around, but didn't see any service people. He tried to step around her but she stepped in front and blocked his way and said, "No, you need to put those back, NOW!" But he tried to step around her again, but she blocked him again, so he pushed her. But she's taller and heavier than him and she didn't really move. So he tried another shove and their arms got tangled, but not for long!! It happened fast, like 1,2,3. She wrapped her arms around his upper body, tripped 1 of his feet with her foot so he falls forward, and guided him down to the floor, laying on his belly. Once he laid on his belly, she put both his hands behind his lower back (not hard, just held them), and with one leg over each side of his hips, she sat down on this thighs! I'm like daaaaammn! He got PISSED! He tried to squirm, push her off his legs. He couldn't budge her, so he cussed at her, saying, "Get off my legs, bit**! Get off me!" But she continued to sit on him. I couldn't believe how easy she did that to him, she had NO problem with him at all! So I'm staring in shock, and she CALMLY says to me, "Would you get security for me, please?" I just pointed at him, sat on by her, and her, and she said, "Oh, don't worry, I've got him." And smiled to let me know she was fine! Ooook! But that comment pissed him off even more, and he started cussing her again, trying to push her off his thighs. Nope! Not gonna happen! So I left, after 2 minutes, I got security back there, and the boy had a TOTALLY different attitude! He was CRYING!!!! And sniffling, saying, "Look, I'm sorry, please, get off my legs. I didn't mean it." The guard was as shocked as me! So she released his hands, got off his thighs, and the guard asked her a few questions, then took the boy away to the security office I think. I asked her how she did that? She said she's a teacher in a classroom for kids his age that have behavior problems, and she's trained how to restrain them when they get really mad, and that's one way. She's had to do it before. Damn! I'm a guy, and I don't honestly think this was fair. I mean, when she sat on him, he was humiliated! He had no chance! But, your opinions? Was she right for doing this? Should she be applauded for that? I don't think it was fair to him at all though.Women's thoughts on this. Right or wrong?
Ok yes she stopped a shoplifter, but that is sooooo not right. Her students she has permission to teach. This is someone she didn't even know! She should of gone about it and made a scene with him or something that would of gotten security out there, but not that.
i think she over-reacted a bit..but that was the only way to stop him from stealing...that will make him think twice before stealing again.Women's thoughts on this. Right or wrong?
I'm not trying to split hairs here, but he was not yet a thief as he had not left the premises with the product. Just saying...
He had his chance to retrieve his actions, he didnt! Those were the concequences of his actions. When u do something bad dont expect the outcome to be Fair...Women's thoughts on this. Right or wrong?
Would it have been okay if it had been a man? So it would not have humiliated the kid? Sorry, the kid got what he deserved. If he can't handle being put in his place by a woman, then too bad for him. Maybe he'll have a different attitude about shop lifting from now on.
He wasn't too humiliated to steal something because he felt he could get away with it.Too bad for the boy,You claim it wasn't fair to the boy because the good citizen stopped him stealing.If she hadn't stopped him, security cameras would have caught him.I have to wonder why you didn't shout out and call for someone to get security, rather than stand there and watch who would win this situation.Thieves make the honest consumer pay more for everything to cover the company's losses This woman didn't know if the little thief was armed or not and she showed great courage by taking a stand.There is an old saying "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing" .Too many people turn a blind eye in the expectation that the next guy will do the right thing.What if you were in trouble wouldn't you expect someone, anyone to come to your aid.EDIt I noticed that everyone that showed no sympathy for the "alleged thief" got a thumbs down.I just wondered since you were so slow to react and expect sympathy for the "alleged thief, I have to wonder if you were the lookout. I have to wonder about your skewed value system .The boy had a chance to do the right thing and consciously chose to try to beat the system and lost.Tough luck,The woman is to be applauded for doing something while you stood by and watched.
I suspect you are trolling because this issue of boys being physically restrained by female teachers has been raised repeatedly on yahoo answers. But, since you've asked I would have no problem with the woman's actions.
Oh my god! I am laughing so hard! If I were watching this, I would have been cracking up. I think it's completely fair. Hey, if it teaches him a lesson and we have one less thief on our hands, applause to the teacher of behavior-challenged kids! :)
i don't know why, but i found that story kind of funny. i know its immature, but if i had seen that in a supermarket i would have laughed
Ummmmmmmmmmmm he was stealing some DVDs, and then he pushed her. He needed a reality check and OBVIOUSLY he wont be stealing anymore DVDs.

She didnt get violent with him until he got violent with her.

Was there any better way to handle that?
Why should you care if it was fair to him? He's a thieving brat with a bad attitude. She gave him fair warning. He could have put them back and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment