Thursday, January 26, 2012

I love her but she can't date me because I'm black

I've been dating this girl for over a month and we've been loving it, but suddenly one night she tells me she can't do it because I'm black. Her Grandpa is racist and that's the main we can't date. So i wanted some advice on how i can prove to her grandpa that i'm a great guy and i can be a great boyfriend to her. I just don't want to give up on her. I mean recently we were at Band Camp for the past week and it we still kind of act like we're dating. I mean she even told me she'd marry me in a heart beat if we were of the same race.

SO please help =/I love her but she can't date me because I'm blackThis is a very complicated question and deserves a complicated answer as well. So be prepared for a long one.



First of all a relationship is something that is between you and your girlfriend. Her grandfather has no right to interfere with it, unless she is not an adult yet and her grandfather is responsible for her. But this is nothing that you can do anything about. She is the person to make her grandfather clear that this relationship is between you and her.



If this doesn't work, then it might take a combined effort from your side and her side to convince her grandfather. First of all, if you're a great guy as you say, then you don't need to prove yourself to anyone. However, if her grandfather stands between you and her, the only thing you can do about this is to present yourself just the way you are. This means you and she can create an opportunity to meet her grandfather and spend some time together in a casual setting. It might take some effort until she can convince him to do this. However, if she loves you, this is an effort that is worth making.



It can be the case that you, your girlfriend and her grandfather will need to meet several times before he gets convinced. Remember: you don't need to do anything different then being yourself in his presence. If he accepts you the way you are, nice. If you and your girlfriend are determined and dedicated, you can go over this barrier and hopefully have a nice relationship.



Good Luck!I love her but she can't date me because I'm black
Why bother... plenty of fish in the sea.I love her but she can't date me because I'm blackapparently her grandpa's opinion is more important to her than a relationship with you... sorry dude
Have a talk with her grandpa explain to him u are different.

Color doesn't matter it is how you will treat his grandaughter

Good LuckI love her but she can't date me because I'm blackShe does seem mean. You deserve much, much better because you guys are not on the same page! Don't give up though. Why don't you talk to her %26amp; tell her everything. Invite her family out to eat. they'll ALL see how great you are %26amp; that should be the answer.I love her but she can't date me because I'm black
You can't. Sorry. I've dealt with racists before and I swear it'd take a minority doing a heart transplant to save that guy's life just to MAYBE convince him racism is wrong.



But for her sake, you should let it go. The right thing to do is of course fight the racism, but it does not look like the girl has the mental strength to do so against her own family.



Can't blame her.



If you still want to go with the girl, I guess you could show her grandpa how educated you are, since most racists think themselves are intellectually superior.
that麓s sad,i think ur girl should just follow her heart and go beyond the race...it doen麓t matter....



kissesI love her but she can't date me because I'm black
My bf is black and I am white. We have been together for 7 months and we had to deal with the same problem. My grandpa is racist but I love him so we are working it out. We love each other too much to give up that easily. If you really care for her do whatever you can to work it out. Talk to her about it some more. My relationship with him is great and it took some work to get where we are. You both have to be willing to work hard for this relationship. It sounds like she really cares for you so just give it a try. You have to be willing to try or you will never really know, right? We are both still working it out with my family but things have started to get better. Tell her how you feel about her! Make sure she knows!!! If you really care about each other do whatever it takes! All I can tell you is to give it a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment