Monday, January 30, 2012

How to convince my parents to get a cat?

Just to let you know this is Mollee's 12 year old niece Kelly. One night i went to my friends house she had the cutest little pet it was a cat! After a few hours of playing with her cat i fell in love with cats, so the next day i asked my mom can we have a cat she said no because she hates cats im really mature for my age well more mature than my twin sister Gwen. How can i convince my mom and dad to get a cute little kitty!How to convince my parents to get a cat?When you say really mature for your age, can you handle:



Frequent litter box changes. The litter stinks really badly sometimes, and to avoid having the house smell you should clean the litter at least twice a day if needed. About a month in you have to get rid of the litter all together and put in new ones because old litter can collect dust, not good for a cat.



Depending on the cat, they will shed. My Norwegian Forest cat doesn't shed much, neither does a maine coon, but other cats do shed and you have to brush off their excess fur on the couch, frequent mopping and dusting and vaccuming.



They need fresh water at all times, so daily water changes.



They need to be combed/groomed. There is shampoo that doesn't need rinsing, you can wash your cat that way but washing isn't as important as combing, so regular combing is a must or you will be stuck with a cat with hairballs.



Vet checkups, for indoor cat just that first checkup is important, other than that if he/she is fine no need for a vet.



Food, food food. Their bowls must be clean from wet food and regular dry foods refills.



Playtime- a cat needs playtime with their owner but since you love cats that wont be a problem.







Other than the above responisbilities, having a cat is great. It brings the family closer, and there will always be a companion to have fun with. If you can handle the above responsilities without your mother's help, then let her know.How to convince my parents to get a cat?I got my parents allow me by telling them theyre easier to handle than dogs (no barking) and also we'll be saving lives (since i adopted my two kittens), cleaner (they use litterboxes), and just express how much you want one and since as you said you're mature enough tell them that you'll do the chores (aka cleaning the litterbox, changing the food and water etc.). and just keep nagging them :PHow to convince my parents to get a cat?Consider seriously everything said my Mystic. She is quite right.



Also think about the kitty - your mom hates cats. Can you imagine living in a place where someone 20 times your size hates you?

No comments:

Post a Comment