Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What is the minimum amount of time to wait to have sex after birth?

My wife and I didn't get to have much sex during her pregnancy and we are ready to have sex. She had an episiotomy and its been two and a half weeks since he was born. How long do we have to wait to have sex?What is the minimum amount of time to wait to have sex after birth?You're advised to wait 6 weeks by most doctors. I had an episiotomy with my first and even after a month it was very painful to have anything going on down there. You really have to go by how your wife feels. If it is at all painful for her then don't do it. Find other ways to get yourselves off.What is the minimum amount of time to wait to have sex after birth?
A professor of Obstetrics once said to my class in response to this question "A gentleman waits until the placenta is delivered". What he was trying to say, in a rather twisted way, is that once the baby is born and all is well you can carry on with a normal sex life.



Your wife will know her own body, and be able to tell when she feels healed enough to have sex again. As you may have noticed from other answers here, the general time doctors recommend is 6 weeks but plenty of people decide the are ready earlier.



Although the 6 weeks is to help let the mother heal completely, it also gives her a good amount of time to adjust to having a new baby to care for. Around 8 weeks is when women who are having a tough time tend to feel like things are coming under control again. So there is a psychological aspect to this time as well.



If you wife feels up to it, and she doesn't experience any pain during sex then go for it. If at any point there is pain or discomfort then stop and if infection does occur afterwards make sure you get to the doctor asap.What is the minimum amount of time to wait to have sex after birth?doctors recommend 6 weeks...you should really wait the full 6 weeks...they usually tell you that before you leave the hospital or it is in the discharge papers she would've got when she left the hospital after having the baby (by the way she also isn't supposed to use tampons or put anything else in her vagina for 6 weeks)
i have waited 5 weeks depends on how you feel though also some women tear like i did and took a little longer to heal . with my 1st pregnancy i waited 3 weeks and was in so much pain it felt like i was being ripped in half with my 2nd pregnancy i waited a month and was fine.What is the minimum amount of time to wait to have sex after birth?6 weeks due to increased fertility %26amp; risk of infection. I had an episiotomy as well %26amp; at 2 weeks was still verrrry sore. I still got some pains up until my 6th week. Anyway, my husband %26amp; I waited until 5 weeks. There was no pain at all but we did have a pregnancy scare. =) Be careful!What is the minimum amount of time to wait to have sex after birth?
6 weeks. Minimum. Until she goes back to the doctor for her postpartum chekup and they tell her its ok. You cannot do it before then incase something isn't healed all the way it will really be bad.
6 weeks is the general rule.. however some people start sooner. It just depends on how she feels..



Given the fact that she's still healing from her episiotomy, I'd suggest waiting until after the 6 week check up to assure that she is completely healed.What is the minimum amount of time to wait to have sex after birth?
The docs say 6 weeks minimum but my husband and I waited only 3 1/2 weeks! He just couldnt wait! I also had an episiotomy and I was fine just be very gentle cause it hurts like hell!!
6 weeks, do other things in the meantime not involving her vagina. She can rip or tear and cause infection. It's worth the 6 weeks.
You should wait 6 weeks, but if you want to go now you should consult your doctor. If she had an episiotomy he should check and make sure she is fully healed before you try.
I do believe it is 6 weeks and that is if everything was normal during the birth.
6 weeks is the rule of thumb. The doctor should had let her know how long he/she wanted her to wait.
My doc told my husband and I 4-6 weeks. We waited 4 and I was fine but I had a c-section and didn't have stitches or anything healing...I would ask the doc better safe then sorry!
I was told 6 weeks but you should consult her doctor. You wouldnt wanna tear the healing wound. Good luck%26lt;3
6 weeks. Don't rush it because it could hurt her.
6 weeks is the most common answer...
ouch----give it 40 days or 6-7 weeks..just to let her heal properly. you dont want her getting a nasty infection
when ever she feels randy
my doctor keeps telling me 6 weeks!! over and over again! lol must be important!
WOW How in the HECK can your wife even want to have sex i was petrified after my son I did give in after 3 weeks but seriously it hurts like hell and if this is her first baby she needs to know that! I have heard of people bein given the OK after 2 weeks but with stiches downstairs i wouldnt try it. Be easy though when she says it hurts u better believe it does and if she wants to stop, listen to her and let her finish u off in other ways:p lol well have fun you guys will figure it out it takes time and it scary at first but like i said ull figure it out!
  • sonic electronix
  • pop cap games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment