Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What can I do to make sex less physically uncomfortable?

I've only been having sex for about a month now, but for some reason I have initial discomfort and pain every time. It goes away eventually, but it's still kind of uncomfortable, and it's never actually felt all that pleasurable yet. What could be some reasons/solutions for this? Is he too big? Is it a psychological thing?



Also, in certain positions I feel like I might accidentally pee everywhere, even if there's nothing in my bladder. What's that about?What can I do to make sex less physically uncomfortable?There could be a ton of reasons, but for the most part, sex can be uncomfortable for many women for a while when they first start.



Are you well lubricated? Your vagina excretes a natural lubricant that aids in the penetration of the penis. This happens when you are sexually aroused and stimulated by foreplay. More lube is usually common remedy. You can always buy a lubricant as well, preferably water-based as they are the most safe, especially if your partner uses condoms.



Try different positions. Experiment to see what makes both of you feel good. It can take some time, but it's okay. Some positions for me are definitely more uncomfortable than others, and can cause that "I-need-to-pee" sensation.



It may be psychological, too. Are you comfortable with your partner? Are you thinking about something else? Distracted?



If all else fails, you can check with your doctor to make sure everything is fine. Keep in mind that minor issues like yours are very common, so regardless, I'm pretty sure you'll figure something out. :)



Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment