Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do you feel about past sex offenders, or more specificall pedophiles working at a school?

I was just watching my local news, and they had a piece on about how one of our representatives is trying to change the law so that sex offenders CAN work in our children's schools. He thinks we should rehabilitate them and give them a second chance. The debated it on the news a few minutes and then it was over.





Any thoughts? Or knowledge on the subject you would like to share?|||There are a lot of ways to get on a sex offenders list (mooning even) but if it were specifically a child predator, I'd throw a fit.|||Oh hell no. That law will never get passed. Or at least I hope it doesn't.





Hell no.|||all sex offenders need to have one thing, A BULLET To the head.





except those who were duped and YOU do know it happens





like a 19 yr old guy who has sex with a girl whos 15 who says shes 18 but is not, BUT should be proven on both parties end|||No way! If I knew there was a pedophile working at my kid's school, I would get my kid out of there so quick, it wouldn't be funny. And I would make sure every parent I knew with a child at the school knew it too. Then I would get his or her butt fired.


Rehabilitate? Second chance? Not when MY kid's innocence and well-being is at stake.|||I wouldn't worry about it. I give that exactly 0 chance of happening.|||It's like someone who is addicted to crack and they have to stare at it all day. Not a good idea for a sex offender to be in schools with children!!!|||Emoja has got it right.... OH HELL NO! Given second chances at who's expense? Our children??!! I can't believe someone could even suggest it. They should take a look at the re offend rate for sexual offenders. It is extremely high and not a chance I am willing to take with my own child or anyone else's for that matter.|||That will never happen.Their is actually a law from way back that Clarey states no offenders/kid nappers will be allowed to work at children's schools,parks,activity's E.T.C..And they must stay a certain distance away.|||Umm...I think that representative needs to be voted out of office! What a ludicrous idea!





I'm not sure what the recidivism rate is among sex offenders, but I'd imagine it's pretty high. And putting them in schools?! That's like putting some who is on a diet into a candy store! WTH? I think his vision is a pipe dream, honestly - maybe he hasn't seen the news where repeat offenders often go on to kidnap or kill other children! Yikes!





And if this happened in my child's school, we would be withdrawing from school immediately.





ETA: Here's an interesting link. .. and this was put out five years ago! Imagine how the numbers have changed.


http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/press/r鈥?/a>|||That's a great logic.





This is a violent rapist. He's been rehabilitated, so lets put him to work in a women's shelter...





Sometimes the stupidity of people amazes me. I would pull my kids out of school if I knew there was a pedophile working there.|||I agree in one thing: they deserve a second chance.. But why to put them around "temptation" I mean if they are offenders, they shouldn't be working with kids!!


What about jobs like computer programming, or filing, or something that has anything to do with children??


It's like giving a recovered alcoholic a job as a bartender or tasting liquores or something.. It's silly.|||no way. that would be like putting heroin in from of a recovering addict. not a good idea. and if that were to happen where i live i would yank my child out of that school.|||Ahem....No, No...and NO!|||It's like a "recovered" alcoholic looking for a second chance in a package store!|||Throw the book at them; no second chances... No way in hell are they going to be around MY kids.





I'd give that 'representative' a piece of my mind, and rally other parents to help.|||That's very scary! I can't imagine that something like that will pass there are too many laws to the contrary. Hopefully, this rep (idiot) will not be in office much longer. As far as pedophiles being rehabilitated by being around there potential victims- on what planet does that make sense? That's like leaving a pyromaniac with a box of matches!|||My child would not attend a school where a known pedophile/sex offender was working - period. I'm not going to put my child in potential danger in order to "rehabilitate" criminals.|||back ground checks should be mandatory.schools especially where kids there for education,not that kind of sordid exposure..|||What school in their right mind would hire a sex offender anyway? I know my children and probably many others would not be going to that school! It definitely should not be allowed!|||If they are truly reformed, I don't mind. We shouldn't judge.|||What makes a pedophile do what they do (or did) and what punishment they deserve is a completely separate subject but there are certain things you lose out on forever if you commit certain crimes and a pedophile working in a school should be one of those lost opportunities.An attempt at rehabilitation and a second chance can be given away from schools. Why even take the chance?|||NO! why oh why would ANYONE even think of that??? it's one thing to say "let them work in the general public" it's another to say "let them work with CHILDREN, THEIR TARGETS" I really hope that does not pass. So many more children would end up abused and molested in "safe havens" like schools that are supposed to educate and PROTECT them. It is society's and school's responsibility to make sure children are safe in their learning environment, not surrounded by child-molesters. what an idiot that guy is. what is he thinking?? is he crazy??


I do think in some cases child molesters "should" get second chances---to work in the society etc. but I do not think under any circumstances should they have jobs that involve working with children, that would be just too easy and "tempting" for them. Besides, child molesters get jobs like that ON PURPOSE like daycares, schools, youth programs, etc. where kids are just so they can molest them. I think there are other ways to "rehabilitate" these criminals besides putting children at risk.|||I agree with rehabilitation and giving second chances.. but NOT in schools! That is just crazy. Its like giving a recovered drug addict a job as a Pharmacist..|||I would personally not allow my child to attend a school knowing there's a sex offender working in it and i really hope that they don't pass that law where you live. i think its horrible and it makes me question the person who is trying to pass that law. I really wonder if he would allow a sex offender to watch his children or grandchildren.I have read too many stories where the person has gotten psychiatric help gone to jail and still do it again. I honestly don't think a sex offender or pedophile can be rehabilitated. If it was up to me I'd put them all in a jail on a island and make them work making clothes or equipment or even at least growing they're own food doing something productive making them work instead of sitting in jail wasting our tax dollars waiting to be released so they can ruin another human and they're families. I think they should loose all rights after what they have done they should not have the right to a normal or good life after they have taken that very same thing away from they're victim.|||Never happen.





When someone is sentenced these days, keeping away from children, or places where children are is usually part of it.





They can't put in a law that voids the judicial wording. Someone is grand standing for publicity.|||Well, the little girl that I have been putting up flyers for has 44 sex offenders living in a five mile radius of her. Please look at her flyer. This little girl goes to school with one of my children.





We have a beautiful 4 %26amp; 1/2 yr old missing from Satsuma, Fl her name is Haleigh Cummings. Please look a her flyer %26amp; spread the word so we can find her. Thanks.





http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/feb/10/鈥?/a>





http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2鈥?/a>|||Um, no way. If I found out that was the case at my daughters school I would lobby to have that person fired. I have no tolerance for this type of crime.


And please tell us the name of this representative because I would like to let him/her know my feelings on this.


I think that most people do deserve a second chance. But a convicted pedophile does NOT deserve to work or even be around children again PERIOD!|||The last I checked and heard that crime wasn't rehabilitatable (Okay i know thats not a real word but it will serve my purpose). I actually watched a whole special on it one time on like dateline or something like that. those people can't be cured. they will always have that urge.


that representatives needs some letters and phone calls to his office ASAP. whoever is providing that bird brain money better back away from this fool. there is no sense in that. i would be down at his office asking if he wants his kids working with a registered sex offended.


whole lotta fighting needs to happen so that numskull doesn't succeed with that stupid idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment